Strawberry Scones make a great spring breakfast or treat. They’ve got delicious, fresh strawberries throughout, and they’re drizzled with strawberry glaze.
I love scones. They’re the perfect recipe if you’re looking for simple but special. Not to mention they are truly delicious.
I’ve shared rhubarb scones with you, as well as peach scones, but today is all about the strawberry. Friends, I am a strawberry freak. I’ve always liked strawberries, but something happened when I was pregnant with my littlest, and I couldn’t get enough strawberries. I would buy the huge package of strawberries from Costco, and I would eat the entire thing myself. It was bad.
Because of my strawberry love, I would have to say that these are my favorite of the scones I’ve made. I’ve also got more delicious strawberry recipes you’ll need to check out if you, like me, are crazy about strawberries.
Strawberry Syrup: In just 20 minutes, you can have fresh, chunky homemade strawberry syrup to top your pancakes or ice cream!
Fresh Strawberry Bars: Fresh Strawberry Bars are a sweet and delicious way to enjoy this spring berry. Packed full of oats and delicious fresh strawberries, these are a great snack!
Strawberry Rhubarb Lemonade: Made with fresh strawberry rhubarb simple syrup, this Strawberry Rhubarb Lemonade is a refreshing and fun twist on the classic drink.
Tips for Making Delicious Strawberry Scones:
The key to making amazing strawberry scones is cutting the butter in well. Always use cold butter. Cut the butter in until the mixture is fine crumbs. This allows the butter to be distributed evenly throughout the scones, helping the scones to rise more.
Don’t over mix the batter. When adding the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, stir together until just combined. Over mixing the batter will cause your scones to become tough.
Soft and fluffy scones packed full of fresh strawberries. These Strawberry Scones are the perfect spring treat!
- 2 cups plus 2 Tbsp flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup butter, cold, cut into cubes
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 3/4 cup strawberries, sliced
For the Glaze
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1-3 Tbsp. whipping cream
- Red food dye, if desired
- Preheat oven to 400º. Place parchment paper on cookie sheet or pizza pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Cut in butter until mixture is crumb sized.
- In a medium bowl, combine the wet ingredients. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Fold in strawberries.
- Flour a counter or cutting board, and place dough onto the floured surface.
- Press out the dough until it's a 1/2" thick circle. Place onto prepared cookie sheet and cut into 8 even wedges.
- Bake for 16 minutes, or until golden.
- While scones are cooling, whisk together powdered sugar and vanilla in a small bowl.
- Add whipping cream 1 Tbsp. at a time, until desired consistency is reached.
- Drizzle glaze over the scones. Best eaten warm.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 256Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 76mgSodium: 482mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 0gSugar: 16gProtein: 2g
The nutritional information provided here is not guaranteed to be accurate and is provided for informational (and google) purposes only.
Click here to pin this post!
These look amazing! My mouth is watering. Bookmarking for the future.
It has been so long since I’ve had scones. They are so good too. I don’t think I’ve tried strawberry ones before. I can’t wait to make them and see how they taste.
These look so good! My sister makes vegan blueberry scones and they are a treat!