Perfect for breakfast, brunch, or snacks, these Peach Scones are packed full of chunks of peach, and drizzled with a sweet, vanilla glaze.
These peach scones are so delicious!
When I found this recipe from A Latte Food, I knew I had to try it! My family loves scones, and I love baking. Add to that the fact that I had a big box of peaches to go through, and it was like the perfect storm.
This recipe turned out perfectly. Some scone recipes I’ve made in the past turned out dry, but these weren’t dry at all.
- 2 cups plus 2 Tbsp flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup butter (cold, cut into cubes)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 cup peaches (sliced)
For the Glaze
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1-3 Tbsp. whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 400º. Place parchment paper on cookie sheet and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Cut in butter until mixture is crumb sized.
- In a medium bowl, combine the wet ingredients.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Fold in peaches.
- Flour a counter or cutting board, and place dough onto the floured surface.
- Press out the dough until it’s a 1/2″ thick circle. Place onto prepared cookie sheet.
- Cut into 8 even wedges.
- Bake for 16 minutes, or until golden.
- While scones are cooling, whisk together powdered sugar and vanilla in a small bowl.
- Add whipping cream 1 Tbsp. at a time, until desired consistency is reached.
- Drizzle glaze over the scones. Best eaten warm.
Looking for more breakfast inspiration? We’ve got amazing recipes for you to try!