Simple and delicious Homemade Lemon Curd!
I’ve often seen recipes that called for lemon curd, but it always sounded like lemon curd was something fancy and difficult to make. It turns out it’s extremely simple to make homemade lemon curd!
If you can make a pudding, you can make homemade lemon curd.
I attended a blogging conference earlier this year, and met a representative for the Bellini Intelli Kitchen Master. I’m sure you’ve never heard of the Bellini– I know I hadn’t. He was kind enough to send me a Bellini Intelli to try at home.
Once I received it, I started looking at Facebook groups to try and get ideas for recipes, and I was shocked to see how very popular the Bellini is in Australia and Europe, when I’d never even heard of it!
So I’m sure you’re wondering what this amazing machine is. It’s a kitchen appliance that cooks, stirs, blends, chops, mixes, steams, and more! You can find out all about it in my Bellini Intelli Review.
The first recipe I tried in my Bellini Intelli was this Homemade Lemon Curd recipe. It simply requires putting the ingredients in, setting temp, speed, and time, and coming back when it beeps that it’s finished!
- 1/2 cup Lemon Juice,
- 1 Tbsp. Lemon Zest (2-3 lemons)
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 3/4 cup Butter
- 3 Eggs + 1 Yolk
- Zest and juice lemons.
- Put the stirring blade in the bowl of the Bellini. Chop butter into Tablespoon-sized pieces and place in the bowl.
- Add lemon juice, lemon zest and sugar to the butter. Set temp to 80 C, and time for 2 minutes.
- After the 2 minutes, add the eggs and yolk. With temperature still set to 80 C, set speed to 2, and time to 15 minutes.
- Refrigerate in a covered container for up to 1 week.
Serving Size:2 cups
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 65 Total Fat: 5g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 35mg Sodium: 42mg Carbohydrates: 5g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 5g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 1g
What’s your favorite recipe using lemon curd?
If you’re looking for more delicious desserts, you’re going to love these: