A delicious breakfast recipe, Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Baked Oatmeal is sure to be a family favorite. Easy to make the day of, or perfect for a make-ahead breakfast.
Ever since I made the Cranberry Orange Baked Oatmeal, my kids have been begging me to make another baked oatmeal recipe. Turns out they love baked oatmeal, even though they aren’t huge fans of regular oatmeal.
And since baked oatmeal is a good, filling breakfast (my kids eat it with a few spoonfuls of plain yogurt), I was willing to make up another recipe.
I happened to be in the mood for pumpkin. I’d made some pumpkin muffins, and had leftover pumpkin puree, so I decided to make Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Baked Oatmeal.
Friends, this oatmeal was amazing. Seriously, so delicious. It was honestly good enough that I wouldn’t hesitate to serve it as a dessert sometime. (It would be so good warm from the oven with ice cream on top!)
If you want it to be healthier, omit the chocolate chips. It will still be good, I promise. Leaving out the chocolate chips will lower the carb count by about 6 carbs per serving.
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Spray a 9x9 pan. Preheat oven to 350º.
- In a large bowl, mix oats, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a small bowl, beat egg. Add milk, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Whisk well.
- Pour egg mixture over oat mixture, and stir to combine.
- Gently stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 30 minutes, until set and golden.
- After oatmeal is done, allow to cool for 5 minutes before cutting.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 230Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 172mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 3gSugar: 15gProtein: 6g
The nutritional information provided here is not guaranteed to be accurate and is provided for informational (and google) purposes only.
Click here to pin this post!