These Sweet Potato Muffins can be made using your leftover mashed, whipped, or pureed sweet potatoes or yams. They’re full of flavor and easy to make! Sweet Potato Muffins are a delicious, portable breakfast.
Last year after Thanksgiving, I had a lot of leftover Spiced Sweet Potatoes. My kids and I love sweet potatoes, but really, there are only so many times you can eat them.
I considered freezing them, and as I thought about that, it made me think about how I free pumpkin puree. And that made me wonder how things would turn out if I used leftover sweet potatoes in a recipe instead of pumpkin puree.
So I set about making sweet potato bread and sweet potato muffins. I was shocked at how good they were. Dare I say that I liked the recipes better with sweet potatoes than with pumpkin? I really do!
If you love muffins, you’ll want to try our other muffin recipes:
And now, without further ado, here is the recipe for Sweet Potato Muffins:
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 cups cooked sweet potatoes, mashed
- 2 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350º. Grease 24 cup muffin pan, or line with muffin liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder and cinnamon.
- Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together sweet potato, sugar, oil, vanilla, and eggs.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, and stir just to combine.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Divide mixture between muffin cups.
- Bake 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the muffins comes out clean.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 276Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 281mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 2gSugar: 25gProtein: 3g
The nutritional information provided here is not guaranteed to be accurate and is provided for informational (and google) purposes only.
Linking up at Weekend Potluck.
Click here to pin this post!