Roasted root vegetables make a delicious but simple side dish that pairs well with most anything!
I don’t know what the deal is, but I can’t get enough of roasted vegetables lately! Maybe I’m short on some vitamins or something, but I could probably eat an entire pan of roasted root vegetables– I love them so much!
I’ve found that roasting vegetables really brings out amazing flavors in them. It seems to make most vegetables a bit sweeter. In fact, roasted radishes are amazing– if you’ve never liked radishes, I bet you’ll be surprised. They end up sweet with a bit of a peppery flavor, but not hot like they are fresh.
Roasted root vegetables is the perfect spring recipe, since root vegetables are starting to show themselves in the store and in our gardens. It’s also really simple, because the ingredient amounts don’t have to be exact. You can mix things up– it’s a very forgiving recipe!
You can also play with the spices to see what you like best. Roasted root vegetables are great with rosemary or basil instead of the oregano. They’re also yummy with the tiniest pinch of cayenne pepper.
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 beet, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled
- 2 parsnips
- 1 turnip, chopped
- 2 yukon gold potatoes, chopped
- 1 bunch radishes, sliced
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a gallon-sized bag, mix together olive oil, sea salt, oregano and pepper.
- Add vegetables to the olive oil mixture in batches, making sure to mix them around in the mixture until they're coated. Then dump them out on a cookie sheet, and add another batch.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes (turning or stirring halfway through), until vegetables are cooked all the way through and tender.
Serving Size:6 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 120Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 414mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 3gSugar: 4gProtein: 2g
The nutritional information provided here is not guaranteed to be accurate and is provided for informational (and google) purposes only.