Sweet and delicious raspberries combine with oats to make a tasty treat. Oatmeal Raspberry Bars are then drizzled with a sweet glaze that makes them irresistible!
Baking is a big addiction of mine. I love to bake– it’s one of those things that just makes me happy.
I especially love to incorporate fruits into the treats I bake, like my Rhubarb Scones, Chocolate Chip Cranberry Cream Cheese Muffins, Peach Scones, Rhubarb Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting, and Grilled Peach Crisp.
Fruit in baked goods is just amazing. By baking the fruit, the natural sweetness increases, making for a fabulous treat!
I first tried this recipe using strawberries, in these fabulous Strawberry Oatmeals Bars. My family loved them, and asked me to make them again.
As summer came on, I had fresh raspberries needing to be used, so I made raspberry bars. I love both recipes, and will make both of them again and again!
Should I use fresh or frozen raspberries for Oatmeal Raspberry Bars?
I made this recipe with fresh raspberries, but it can definitely be made with frozen raspberries. Just make sure that the raspberries are fully thawed before making it.
If your raspberries are still frozen, it will increase the amount of time needed to bake the oatmeal raspberry bars.
For the Crust:
- 2 cups oats
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cups butter, melted
For the Raspberry Layer:
- 4 cups fresh raspberries, chopped
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
For the Glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- Preheat oven to 375º, and line a 13x9 pan with parchment paper so that it hangs over two edges.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, flour, brown sugar, and salt. Stir in melted butter until well combined. Set aside 1 cup of this mixture. Press remaining mixture into the bottom of the pan.
- In a small bowl, combine ingredients for the raspberry layer. Spread over the oat mixture in the pan.
- Sprinkle the reserved oat mixture over the top. Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- After baking, cool the pan of fresh raspberry bars for 5 minutes. Then carefully remove from pan by grabbing the edges of the parchment paper and lifting the whole thing out.
- Allow to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine ingredients for the glaze, and drizzle glaze over the bars, then cut and serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Click here to pin this post!