In just 10 minutes, you can have adorable fall decor! Quick, easy, and affordable Fabric Pumpkins are the perfect fall craft.
We made these cute fabric pumpkins at a craft night with my Bible study last weekend. I love how they turned out, and I especially love that they are so easy!
This is the perfect craft for those who aren’t crafty, or don’t enjoy crafts. You can have handmade, cute fall decor in less than 10 minutes, with no skill.
I’m linking to the type of foam pumpkins we use for this craft in the how-to card, but we got them at our local Family Dollar store, so make sure you check there so you can get the pumpkins cheaper than Amazon offers them.
Adorable fall decor in 10 minutes or less! These Fabric Pumpkins are cute, easy, and require no crafting skills!
- 1 Fat Quarter of Fabric
- 1 Foam Pumpkin
- 1 Stick
- Knife or box cutter
- Pruning shears
- Using a knife or box cutter, cut a circular hole in the top of the pumpkin, about the size of a silver dollar.
- Set pumpkin in the center of the fabric and pull the two shorter sides up and tuck them into the hole.
- Work around the pumpkin, pulling the rest of the fabric up and into the hole. Make sure to pull the fabric tightly, to keep it from bunching badly.
- Cut several pieces of the stick to whatever length you want them. Mine were about 4 inches.
- Push the sticks into the hole of the pumpkin.
- Tie rafia around, if desired.
If the fabric you're using is very light in color, you may need to paint the pumpkin white, first. Otherwise, an orangish tinge may show through. The light colored pumpkin of mine has one coat of white craft paint on it.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Click here to pin this post!
Love this idea. Thanks for sharing it.
Jamie H says
You’re welcome, Gayle! Have a lovely weekend!
Amber Myers says
How pretty! I need to make a few of these. They’d look really pretty on the table.