Take your classic banana bread recipe to a new level, with this Chocolate Chip Pecan Banana Bread. Filling, delicious banana nut bread with chocolate chips for a little extra sweetness.
I really enjoy baking. I find it to be a lovely stress reliever. As the years have gone by, I have invited my children to help in the kitchen, and they’ve learned how to bake with me.
While I love the warm weather of summer, I enjoy when it cools off and I can feel good about baking again without heating the house up.
This Chocolate Chip Pecan Banana Bread is a favorite at our house. We love having Chocolate Chip Banana Nut Muffins because they’re so portable and the perfect single serving, but there’s something so cozy about a slice of Chocolate Chip Pecan Banana Bread warm from the oven, with a little butter slathered on.
If you’re in a hurry, definitely check out the banana muffin recipe, since they bake in just 18-20 minutes. But if you have the time, this is the recipe for you!
Chocolate Chip Pecan Banana Bread is a lovely quick bread recipe. “What is a quick bread?” you ask. A quick bread is a bread recipe that doesn’t contain yeast to make it rise. Because there’s no yeast, there’s no waiting on yeast to rise, thus the bread is quick.
Simply mix together the dry ingredients and wet ingredients separately, then combine the two together. Pour into a prepared pan, and bake. The actual mixing up the recipe takes only 10 minutes. The hardest part of making this bread is waiting for it to bake!
- 5 medium bananas
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375º, and grease 1 loaf pan (9x5x3). Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mash bananas.
- Mix in sugar, eggs, and melted butter.
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- Add the dry ingredient mixture to the wet ingredients, and stir to combine. Don't over-mix.
- Fold in chocolate chips and pecans.
- Pour batter into loaf pan.
- Bake 1 hour to 1 hour and 10 minutes, until golden and until a butter knife inserted in the middle of the loaf comes out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes, then remove from pan to a cooling rack. Cool completely before eating.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 165Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 26mgSodium: 94mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 1gSugar: 13gProtein: 2g
The nutritional information provided here is not guaranteed to be accurate and is provided for informational (and google) purposes only.
Click here to pin this post!